Python broken - 0x6669

EAH Seerden eric.seerden at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 13:53:06 UTC 2013

Greetings all,

I'm running a tor node on my FreeBSD server & I used arm, which is short
for Anonymous Relay Monitor, to keep track of things..
So arm is a Python application written by Damian Johnson at the torproject
but I can't get it to run anymore because my Python installation is broken..
Please help..

# which python..? /usr/bin/python.. Apparently some 2.6.7 version..

# pkg_version -v  | grep python
  python-2.7,2
  python-27-2.7.3_5

Why two versions & which one is being used..? This is after I built from my
/usr/ports/lang/python port..

Now when I try to run the arm shell script which fires the default python
with the arm .py file it comes up with the following:

Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider blah blah..
import os
ImportError: No module named os <== There you have it, broken..

Any help on how to get this sorted would be very much appreciated..

Regards,
E.