Any fixes in work for py-setuptools for python 3.3+ ?

Nicola Vitale nivit at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 27 23:44:01 UTC 2013

Hi,

> [2013/12/24 William Grzybowski <william88 at gmail.com>]
> The issue here is that the dependency list is built with poudriere
> using PKGORIGIN

And why not to create slave ports of py-setuptools? I mean
(devel/py-setuptools-py27), devel/py-setuptools-py33, etc, each one
with a simple Makefile such as

USE_PYTHON=     3.3  # or 2.7, 3.2, etc...
MASTERDIR=      ${.CURDIR}/../py-setuptools

.include "${MASTERDIR}/Makefile"

Then change USE_PYTHON= to USE_PYTHON?= (and PORTREVISION) in
devel/py-setuptools/Makefile and apply the following patch to
bsd.python.mk http://people.freebsd.org/~nivit/diffs/bsd.python.mk.20131228.txt

I haven't done any testing, but I think it might be a temporary
solution for that issue.

--
Nicola Vitale