ports/118301: [patch] devel/py-setuptools easy-install.pth contents lost on upgrade clobbering ports using it

Michael Scheidell scheidell at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 24 17:03:32 UTC 2012

As promissed, attached is a patch to back out portrevision 3, or, most specifically, leave it as an option knob, default
off.

It packages just fine, with and without:

http://people.freebsd.org/~scheidell/py27-setuptools-0.6c11_4.WITHOUT.log  (the default, just like it did before
portrevision 3)

and, with: (with option knob set)

by looking at Makefile, and pkg-plist changes, I think I correctly wrapped !defines() around all the changed things.

(note: this sat for 3 years.  python@ got 'open pr' emails, once a week, so, speak up now, or forever hold your peace. or
nra members, your piece)

I can tell you this packages, both ways, leaves no left overs, but I can't tell you if it solves the original problem with
the knob, or the problem created with revision 3.  But I can tell you, it looks like this attached patch reverses revision
3.

Please, if you have any stake in this, test it, or, in when this gets committed, don't complain.
--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
SECNAP Network Security Corporation

For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com/