Python port update

Krishna Prabhala krisp at engr.uky.edu
Wed Feb 15 16:16:45 UTC 2012

Hi,

'portaudit' software has marked the python ports as having a
vulnerability and marked them as broken.

This is the output I get when I run portaudit -Fda:

# portaudit -Fda

auditfile.tbz                                 100% of   73 kB  117 kBps
New database installed.
Database created: Wed Feb 15 15:20:00 UTC 2012
Affected package: python27-2.7.2_3
Type of problem: Python -- DoS via malformed XML-RPC / HTTP POST request.
Reference:
http://portaudit.FreeBSD.org/b4f8be9e-56b2-11e1-9fb7-003067b2972c.html

1 problem(s) in your installed packages found.

You are advised to update or deinstall the affected package(s) immediately.
----

So, when I cd to /usr/ports/lang/python27, do a 'make deinstall' and then do
a 'make reinstall', it would not install again. I get a message that I
have to update the ports to re-install.  I've tried 'portsnap fetch
update' but there is no update for the python port.  As I mentioned
above, the only way to force a re-install of the SAME port is to
remove 'portaudit' and then comment the 'BROKEN' line in the Makefile
(in the /usr/ports/lang/python27 directory).

Thanks,
Krishna.