Update of devel/py-twisted to 11.0.0

Sofian Brabez sbz at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 7 09:03:04 UTC 2011

Hi python@,

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 02:02:43PM +0800, Li-Wen Hsu wrote:
> Hello Sofian,
>
> Thanks for working on this, python@ definitely need more power!
>
> Please see the reply inline.
>
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 04:57, Sofian Brabez <sbz at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > Hi python@,
> >
> > This afternoon, I've merged my initial update to the twisted related ports with
> > the patch of lwhsu@ [1]. My patch is there [2].
> >
> > My patch make happy portlint, add LICENSE in each twisted ports and add new
> > OPTIONS for twistedPair port.
>
> And please also add pair_DEPENDS in bsd.python.mk, that is around line 641.

Done

> > Please lwhsu@ notice than all twisted ports are sharing the
> > ${PYTHON_SITELIBDIR}/twisted/plugins folder that's why I've replaced the @dirrm
> > by a @dirrmtry in pkg-plist.
>
> Thanks for reminding me this, I think we have
>
>     @dirrm %%PYTHON_SITELIBDIR%%/twisted/plugins in
>
> in devel/py-twistedCore/pkg-plist, and all other twisted ports depends
> on twistedCore, so we probably don't need to have @dirrm nor @dirrmtry
> in other ports.
> They sneaked in my patch because I forget this, so just removing them
> is fine. (I was planning getting maintainer's approval on general idea
> then doing a more substantial patch.)
> Using @dirrmtry is fine, too.

Imho, we should keep the @dirrmtry directive to remember us that all twisted
ports install files in ${PYTHON_SITELIBDIR}/twisted/plugins and agreed the only
@dirrm should be in devel/py-twistedCore/pkg-plist file.
> > I would like to have your approbation to commit it, and sent it to my mentors
> > for their approbations, I start working on this one because I took the pr
> > ports/155570 but lwhsu@ inform me about ports/159954 on #freebsd-python.
> >
> > Below the tinderbox build logs:
> >
> > http://regis.goodking.org/tb/index.php?action=list_buildports&build=7-sbz&search_port_name=twisted&Go=Go
> > http://regis.goodking.org/tb/index.php?action=list_buildports&build=8-sbz&search_port_name=twisted&Go=Go
> > http://regis.goodking.org/tb/index.php?action=list_buildports&build=9-sbz&search_port_name=twisted&Go=Go
>
> All looks good, and I also tested building all other ports depends on
> twisted, all are fine.  Is anybody aware non-backward-compatible
> change?
>
> Another thing, I found there is no twisted 11.0.0 distfiles in
> http://tmrc.mit.edu/mirror/twisted/, that's why I removed them from
> MASTER_SITES, could you check it again?

Indeed, I remove them, we will see in the future if they remirrored them.

> Please consider my suggestions, thanks!

Patch update with your suggestions, now I'm waiting your go ;), I save the old
version [1] and the new [2] there.
> > Regards
> >
> > [1] http://people.freebsd.org/~lwhsu/twisted-11.0.0.diff
> > [2] http://people.freebsd.org/~sbz/twisted-11.0.0.diff