Maintainership of py-zopetesting and py-zopeevent

wen heping wenheping at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 14:34:55 UTC 2011

2011/9/5 Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src at yandex.ru>:
> Hi, Wen.
>
> wen heping wrote on 05.09.2011 17:34:
>>
>> Hi,Ruslan:
>>
>>    Do you have the plan to import Zope-2.13 into portstree?
>
> Yes, i am. But work on Zope2.13 and Plone4 is still underway.
>

>>    I could run zope-2.13 on FreeBSD correctly with python-2.7, but
>> many new ports should be created if we import zope-2.13.
>
> Yes, here is all of them:
> http://happy-nation.by.ru/ports/zope-deps.tar.gz

Seems we have done many duplicate work.

> Please note that this is just zope deps, plone4 will push many of new ports
> too.
>

>>    If you have the plan, give me a message and I am intersting of it.
>>
>> wen
>
> The plan is:
> 1. Commit this two guys: ports/159962 and ports/160434.

I shall look into these.

I do not believe portmgr@ shall agree with this. Better discuss it
with miwi@ first.

> 3. Rename 4 existing zope ports for consistency.

I agree with this.

> 4. Push all the dependend ports mentioned before (over 50) to the tree.

Shall we add these new ports one by one?
I remember it is a hard work to deal with the depend relation, so it
is difficult to add so many new ports at one time.

BTW: I forward this mail to miwi@, lwshu@,python at .

wen

> 5. Import zope 2.13 and plone4 (i think to www/zope and www/plone, because > they are the only supported versions atm)
> 6. Deprecate old zope/plone ports in three months
> 7. PROFIT
>
> Something like that, but i'm sure there may be some hidden or non-technical
> problems. Surely, after that and after handling remaining
> elementtree/pysqlite2x pr's, we can finally retire python24.
>

>> 2011/9/5 Ruslan Mahmatkhanov<cvs-src at yandex.ru>:
>>>
>>> Good day.
>>>
>>> I want to grab maintainership of this ports:
>>>
>>> devel/py-zopetesting
>>> devel/py-zopeevent
>>> net/py-zopeproxy
>>>
>>> But i want them to be renamed to py-zope.testing, py-zope.event and
>>> py-zope.proxy respectively to match upstream projectnames and to
>>> consistency
>>> with other current and upcoming zope ports. Is this reasons sounds enough
>>> make a repocopy of them? This change is purely cosmetic but will also
>>> ease
>>> maintainership a bit (Makefile vars like DISTNAME etc will not need to be
>>> redefined), but this will require to fix dependencies in all the ports
>>> that
>>> required it. I'm looking forward to your suggestion before sending pr's.
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> PS. It would be logical to rename devel/py-zopeInterface to
>>> py-zope.interface too, but this port is maintained and i'm not sure if