python26 doesn't build on 7.3 tinderbox amd64

Martin Wilke miwi at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 11 18:03:28 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 6:23 AM, Matthias Andree <mandree at freebsd.org>wrote:

> >Submitter-Id:  current-users
> >Originator:    Matthias Andree
> >Category:      ports
> >Class:         sw-bug
> >Release:       FreeBSD 8.2-PRERELEASE amd64
> >Environment:
> System: FreeBSD apollo.emma.line.org 8.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 8.2-PRERELEASE
> #58: Thu Feb 10 19:24:07 CET 2011 toor at apollo.emma.line.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
> amd64

> FreeBSD 7.3 amd64 doesn't build python26-2.6.6.
> - there is apparently a pkg-plist issue around the OSS audio dev:
>
> Log extract below, full log (uncompressed ~500 kB, gzipped) at
> http://home.pages.de/~mandree/tmp/python26-2.6.6-FreeBSD7.3-amd64.log.gz

> (in phase 4:)
> Failed to find the necessary bits to build these modules:
> _bsddb             _sqlite3           _tkinter
> dl                 gdbm               imageop
> linuxaudiodev      ossaudiodev        spwd
> sunaudiodev
> To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for the
> module's name.
>
> ====================(phase 7: make package)====================
> ===>  Building package for python26-2.6.6
> tar: lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/ossaudiodev.so: Cannot stat: No such file or
> directory
> tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
> pkg_create: make_dist: tar command failed with code 256
> *** Error code 1
>
> >How-To-Repeat:
> Set up a 7.3-FreeBSD tinderbox and attempt a build of python26.
>
> >Fix:

Hi,

I also can't confirm that, but i remember i saw this happened  to some
tinderboxes. mostly it was on zfs with tmpfs or ccache. Please check ur TB
setup.

Regards Martin

PS: all python packages on pointyhat are also fine.