python and HUGE_STACK_SIZE

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Mar 25 00:51:57 UTC 2010

Hi--

On Mar 24, 2010, at 4:11 PM, Xin LI wrote:
>> If python needs to be compiled with HUGE_STACK_SIZE on FreeBSD, is there a reason
>> to provide the option to not compile python with it, or at the very least, should it default to
>> being on?
>
> Ah, yes this is the thing I turn on on all systems I have myself...  I'd
> vote for enabling it by default.

I've run and written quite a bit of Python (including Trac, Mailman, the Python IDE, our own custom stuff [like some log munging and web processing stuff], and even a few graphical Python games) without ever turning HUGE_STACK_SIZE on.

I don't have any objection to turning it on, but it's not needed by default for most things.  YMMV.

Regards,
--
-Chuck