Issue with make package

Dan Ferris dferris at prometheusresearch.com
Mon Mar 15 20:17:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a tinderbox server that we are using to compile package sets for
production servers.  Python26 continually fails with the following error:

====================<phase 7: make package>====================
===>  Building package for python26-2.6.4
tar: lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/_multiprocessing.so: Cannot stat: No such
file or directory
tar: lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/ossaudiodev.so: Cannot stat: No such file
or directory
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
pkg_create: make_dist: tar command failed with code 256
Creating package /tmp/packages/All/python26-2.6.4.tbz
Registering depends:.
Creating bzip'd tar ball in '/tmp/packages/All/python26-2.6.4.tbz'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /a/ports/lang/python26.
Deleting python26-2.6.4
pkg_delete: file
'/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/_multiprocessing.so' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/ossaudiodev.so'
doesn't exist
pkg_delete: unable to completely remove directory '/usr/local/lib/python2.6'
pkg_delete: couldn't entirely delete package (perhaps the packing list is
incorrectly specified?)

I have done a great deal of searching around on mailing lists and
haven't found much of anything regarding this error.

FWIW, the  tinderbox server is FreeBSD-8.0p2.  The package is attempting
to compile under a 7.2-CURRENT world.

Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this problem?

Thanks,

Dan Ferris