Ports with duplicate LATEST_LINKS

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 13 17:37:42 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 05:22:14PM +0800, Li-Wen Hsu wrote:

> >> I think these two are not an issue.  Default Python version is switched to 2.6.
> >>
> >> But how this report generated?  Switching happened before
> >> databases/py25-bsddb repocpoied.
> >>
> > The script is in Tools/scripts/check-latest-link.  Could this be caused
> > by the installed python version on the system it runs on?
>
> Sounds possible, and that's what bsd.python.mk does.
> databases/py25-bsddb is a slave port of databases/py-bsddb,
> which generates python 2.5 package for some ports depend on
> specified python version.  When a system with python 2.5
> as the default setting, databases/py-bsddb and databases/py25-bsddb
> should generate same package.  So now the problem is, is it OK for them
> have same LATEST_LINK?  Or we can just ignore this problem, since this
> should not effect official package build, and the latest links on the ftp.

As you probably saw on the ports list, this also broke INDEX (not
noticed before because the INDEX script has wedged it zfs mount).  It
looks like overriding LOCALBASE to /nonexistent does fix both issue as
the script will no longer see the locally installed python version.
This solves this issue.

-erwin
--
Erwin Lansing                       (o_ _o)       http://droso.org