lang/python - wrong usage of PORTUPGRADE variable

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Tue Jul 31 16:23:54 UTC 2007

Hi,
there is a problem with lang/python/Makefile and usage of PORTUPGRADE
variable, which is in conflict with portupgrade environment variable of
the same name.

I am using environment variable PORTUPGRADE according to portupgrade
manpage (to set default options for portupgrade, eg: -b -e -p)

This variable in Makefile should be renamed. I can not use `make
upgrade-site-packages`, because it reteruns errors like this (i have
portupgrade installed!):

--------
| root at track python/# env | grep PORTUPGRADE
| PORTUPGRADE=-b -e -p
|
| root at track python/# make upgrade-site-packages
| [: -b: unexpected operator
--------

or

--------
| root at mule python/# env | grep PORTUPGRADE
| PORTUPGRADE=-e
|
| root at mule python/# make upgrade-site-packages
| Please install ports-mgmt/portupgrade.
| *** Error code 1
|
| Stop in /usr/ports/lang/python.
--------

I expect, that upgrade of site packages should work with default options
mentioned above (backup & make tbz packages in directory defined by env
variable PACKAGES, or any other options from PORTUPGRADE env variable)

Please CC me, I am not subscribed.

Miroslav Lachman

PS: I did `grep -rsn "PORTUPGRADE" /usr/ports` and lang/python is only
one port using this "wrong" variable.