The way to fix ports/104560

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 23 13:29:02 UTC 2007

Alexander Botero-Lowry píše v út 23. 01. 2007 v 03:31 -0800:
> > > Please take a look at ports/104560 (and also ports/105853 and
> > > ports/106120) and come to a consensus what is the right way to fix this
> > > issue.
> > >=20
> > > I am sure we can come to an agreement and shortly commit a fix.
> >
> > As I see it:
> >
> > - lang/python metaport must be removed
> > - all lang/python2? ports will install $PREFIX/bin/python binary
> >
> > How that sounds?
> >
> > Or if people absolutely need to have several different pythons on a
> > system, make the bin/python automatical symlink, like in perl ports.

> This fails to deal with installing the site-packages in the appropriate
> site-package directories.

How so? You don't need to have interpreter called python2.5 to install
into 2.5's sitelibdir.

Once the current damage is fixed, as outlined above, these steps will
need to be implemented:

- user settable mechanism to select non-default python install,
  PYTHON_VER=5.6 in make.conf or on command line, perhaps
- patch to bsd.port.mk to allow installation of same pkgorigin into
  different sitelibdirs (or is this possible today? haven't checked).
  This one will be tricky - we must only allow this for ports that
  install entirely into pythonsitelibdir and nowhere else. Ideas?
- finally, end apps that embed python in shebang line, will have to be
  patched when installed. No need to do this patching to build scripts,
  I believe.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>