Plone 2.0.4 and user roles change problem

Gerhard Schmidt estartu at augusta.de
Tue Nov 16 00:09:28 PST 2004

On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 04:50:29PM +0100, Massimo Masson wrote:
> Massimo Masson ha scritto:
> >Hi everibody,
> >I've just upgraded my Plone installation.
> [...]
>
> Actually, the problem seems not the upgrade, but the installation.
> I made a new, fresh installation, ad i had the same problems.
>
> After a suggestion from the italian ml for zope, i decide to compile
> directly from sources (Zope and Plone) and everything worked fine!
>
> I'm afraid this could be a port problem (but i haven't understood what).
>
> Has anyone similar experiences?
> Some opinions about keeping zope installed from sources instead the ports?

The Problem is that the GRUF Port is out of Date. In The Ports in 3.0B1
actual is 3.1.1.

I have send a problemreport with an updated port. Have a look at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=73991 for the Patch.

I have updated my zope port to 2.7.3 yesterday (sorry for the delay but
im quite busy at work right now) and I hope the updated GRUF will make it
soon to the Ports.

I think there are many advantages when using the Port versions of Zope and
its Products.

Regards
    Estartu

Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                    |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | Privat: estartu at augusta.de         |   auf Anfrage/