libxml2 python subport

Khairil Yusof kaeru at streamyx.com
Wed Jan 14 07:51:15 PST 2004

Some Zope ports, require libxml2 python bindings for python 2.1.

Currently with libxml2, you can only have a package with one version
only (specified at runtime).

bsd.python.mk, and most python ports, already support having multiple
versions with the same origin. eg. py21-foo, py23-foo with PKG_PREFIX

Looking in the ports tree, I see that databases/py-PyGreSQL solves this
problem by being a subport of datbases/postgresql7

I'm thinking of making a subport textproc/py-libxml2, so that instead
of a WITH_PYTHON knob, users can just build the libxml2 python package
as a port, and have python libxml2 packages for different python
versions if needed.

Is this the right way to do it? If it's ok, I'll start working on a
patch and port.

--
PGP ID:6FFEFD7F

FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT i386
11:34pm  up 9 days, 11:50, 4 users, load averages: 1.65, 1.58, 1.58