mx-base and multiple python versions

Tim Middleton x at Vex.Net
Mon Jan 12 12:23:29 PST 2004

Just noticing that when i have py23-mx-base-2.0.4 installed and I try to
install py21-mx-base-2.0.4 (using PYTHON_VERSION=python2.1 make),
i get the error:

  An older version of lang/py-mx-base is already installed
  (py23-mx-base-2.0.4)You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this
  port again by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.

I get around it with a FORCE_PKG_REGISTER ... but it seems to me maybe the
bsd.python.mk isn't doing all the magic it should be...

--
Tim Middleton | Cain Gang Ltd | "Who is Ungit?" said he, still holding
x at veX.net     | www.Vex.Net   | my hands. --C.S.Lewis (TWHF)