New mailing list: freebsd-python

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Thu Jan 8 17:31:00 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 19:41, Mark Linimon wrote:
> > Can we change the owner of a PR to python now just like the java@
> > and gnome@ PRs and lists?

> about assigning all the perl ports to it.  I objected at that time,
> saying that there was a canonical name for "unmaintained" and that
> was "ports at FreeBSD.org".  I think the consensus was that only the
> critical (for some definition of critical) PRs would be so assigned.
>
> My own research shows me that PRs assigned to kde, gnome, emulation,
> and phoenix, tend to rot.  The java folks are a little more focussed
> and thus tend to be better.

What?  PRs assigned to gnome tend to rot?  You may want to have a look
at your stats before saying something like that.  We have historically
been very good at closing PRs in a very reasonable time frame.  In fact,
we only have one PR opened that assigned to gnome, and this one will
most likely be closed shortly.

As for PRs assigned to phoenix@, those should be moved over to gnome at .

Joe