Need the help on debug the Python VS libpthread..

Khairil Yusof kaeru at pd.jaring.my
Tue Feb 24 01:38:46 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 18:18 +0900, Hye-Shik Chang wrote:

> I am not sure if it's Python problem or our libpthread problem. I
> failed to reproduce the situation with compact C code. (waitpid(2)
> returned -1 with errno=EINTR on a child's normal termination.)
> If you get a reasonable explanation that saying it's Python's
> problem, please tell me.

Great, thanks for the info. I can duplicate this problem with mail/
evolution also.

It may be a more universal problem caused by libpthread. At least it
also effects evolution1.5's em-junk-filter.c and other shell calls that
use waitpid. evolution doesn't catch it either, resulting in a hanged
process loop that has to be killed (also under libpthread).

--
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it
means."

FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT i386
5:26pm  up  1:05, 1 user, load averages: 0.58, 0.40, 0.42