The zope port is updated to 2.7. [pav@FreeBSD.org: cvs commit: ports/Mk bsd.python.mk ports/www/zope Makefile distinfo pkg-deinstall pkg-install pkg-message pkg-plist ports/www/zope/files CREDITS Message apache.conf.Zope-Changes patch-lib-python-zdaemon-zdctl.py zope.conf_changes zope.sh

Gerhard Schmidt estartu at augusta.de
Tue Apr 13 04:17:21 PDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 02:34:53PM +0900, Hye-Shik Chang wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 02:47:32PM +0000, Tim Middleton wrote:
> > On Friday 02 April 2004 11:38, Hye-Shik Chang wrote:
> > > Subject: cvs commit: ports/Mk bsd.python.mk ports/www/zope Makefile
> >
> > Thanks for pointing this out. I'd missed this commit; though i'd been thinking
> > about it (as usual) and wondering if it was coming. I noticed the
> > maintainership drop a week and a half ago...
> >
> > And I see that this commit doesn't include the submitter taking up
> > maintainership... )-:
>
> Gerhard (the originator of the PR) didn't have taken the maintainership
> in his PR.

I posted the Port as a new Port. I can take the Maintainership. I Have
at then Mopmenaten about 16 Zope Server running an have to keep them
up To Date.

> > I've been tempated to offer to take it up myself
> > several times, but am always nervous i won't be able to give it the time it
> > needs.
>
> Hey, Cheer up and just try it!  I can help you to do a good maintainer
> job in www/zope. :)  Feel free to put me in Cc in zope-related PRs.
>
> > Anyhow, i'm curious (and a bit nervous), to see what the final solution to
> > organizing the Zope 2.7 port has been... i look forward to checking it out
> > soon... it will be nice to normalize my system and be able to install zope
> > products via ports again rather than manually as I have been doing for some
> > time now: and also finally update the product ports I maintain --- i'd been
> > holding off hoping zope port would get updated first as I haven't had 2.6.x
> > installed for quite a while now.
>
> Obviously, installing zope via port now became nicer than installing
> from the source package directly.  I have installed several products
> from port and found it is very neat for Zope 2.7 while I didn't like
> to install products from port in -2.6 era. :-)

I Working on some Additions. The New start script. Automatic Starting of
multiple Zope instances etc.

Bye
	Estartu

Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                    |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | Privat: estartu at augusta.de         |   auf Anfrage/
Tel: 08232 77 36 4 | Dienst: schmidt at ze.tu-muenchen.de  |    on request
Fax: 08232 77 36 3 |                                    |