hpasm on FreeBSD 8.1 - need to compile a new version

Nikolay Semenov sumpage at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:53:22 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am ready to provide a remote access by SSH
to my HP Proliant DL380 G4 server, to compile a new version
of HP Proliant Tools for FreeBSD.

The server is running FreeBSD 8.1 amd64 (64-bit platform).

The fan noise coming from the server is way too strong,
I can't hear what other people in the room saying.

So, any maintainer/developer willing to help our community
with that task - please, contact me (chr00t at yahoo.com).

I've tried to contact the hpasm developer Soumitri Kadambi
by e-mail, but the massage came back with error - recipient unknown.

The server has all possible compatibility libs installed:

pkg_info | grep compat
compat4x-i386-5.3_9 A convenience package to install the compat4x libraries
compat5x-amd64-5.4.0.8.1_1 A convenience package to install the compat5x libraries
compat6x-amd64-6.4.604000.200810_3 A convenience package to install the compat6x libraries
compat7x-amd64-7.3.703000.201008_1 A convenience package to install the compat7x libraries

However, the server can't run hpasm at all, neither 7.22 nor 7.50 version.
(tried binaries for FreeBSD 4,5,6).

Have a great day,
Nikolay