FreeBSD 6.4/i386 on Proliant DL360 G5 - drive failing but camcontrol says ok?

Søren Klintrup soren at klintrup.dk
Tue Sep 7 09:21:34 UTC 2010

Hi,

Per default camcontrol uses cached data from boot, you can update the data
using camcontrol inquiry da1 -D, that will output upated data, this has
worked for us on all versions smartarray controllers, if you have one that
it doesn't work on I'd love to know :-)

You should be able to get a few hints from my check_smartarray.sh script at
http://soren.klintrup.dk/proliant/.

Regards,
Søren