hpilo in FreeBSD

Pavel Timofeev timp87 at gmail.com
Tue May 18 11:30:17 UTC 2010

For IPMI hardware you can use ipmi kernel module.
By the way some HP proliant servers have IPMI hardware, but this ipmi
hardware is not full: no network, only with aditional card (for separate
payment). For example, DL 360 G5.

Try "kldload ipmi" and then install /usr/ports/sysutils/ipmitool (or
/usr/ports/sysutils/freeipmi).
And then use something like "ipmitool sdr", see man.

But this solution is not enough for full management and monitoring hardware
state of HP Proliant servers (for other manufacturer servers it perhaps be
enough).
For example, on HP servers IPMI SEL not provide actual information about
hardware events, because it stores to iLO IML.

And again, it is all about only HP Proliant.