hpilo in FreeBSD

Dušátko Jan jan at dusatko.org
Tue May 18 09:45:32 UTC 2010

HP ProLiant uses:
- the SmartArray (drivers/modules/something), most of them supported
- NIC, which is de-facto Broadcom or Intel
- iLO, which is not supported
- Server management, not supported

Right now in FreeBSD is waste of support:
- for array reconfiguration utility
  (on the fly, I used it many times in Win/Novell world)
- server health monitoring
  (HP allow as many other vendors monitoring of server health)
- Remote console and media support
  (HP iLO)

But similar situation are for other vendors too. People who trying
to solve this issue are overloaded and they do as much as possible,
but most of their work is investigation due lack of documentation
and resources.