hpacucli-7.50.tar.bz2: Will this work on FreeBSD 5.5 i386?

Ian Narcisi iannai29 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 15:37:38 UTC 2009

I would like to add a couple new 18.2G drives to our HP Proliant DL360 G2's
Smart Array 3200 SCSI controller. We have a BSD /vol0 mounted to a Smart
Array 3200 Controller which contains our existing MySQL database. It is 6G
away from filling to it maximum. The questions are: Can I install
hpacucli-7.50.tar.bz2<ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/brooks/hpacucli-7.50.tar.bz2>on
FreeBSD 5.5, or should I find/install an older version? Once
successfully
installed can I add the two - 18.2G drives to the existing 6 - 18.2G drives
on the Smart Array 3200 using this utility, or would I be better off using
the HP SmartStart CD and adding the hard drives this way?

Thank you,

Ian