hpacucli problem

Stefan Walter stefan at freebsd.org
Wed Jan 28 03:22:23 PST 2009

kama, 28.01.09, 10:28h CET:

> On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, [windows-1252] Dávid Fazeka? wrote:
>
> > could you please take a look at this?
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/128288
> > It's opened a half of year and stefan doesn't care about that and
> > doesn't response to my emails.

It seems I have to correct this a bit:

- The PR has been submitted three months ago. That's not half a year, at
  least not over here.
- Since noone else got involved, I assigned this PR to me one month ago to
  track its state.
- There hasn't been any response by the maintainer since then.
- You (David) submitted a followup to the PR on Sunday (3 days ago) which
  contained no information other than that you are seeing the same
  problem on a 7.1 system.
- You (David) sent *one* e-mail to me *last night/this morning* basically
  just asking for this problem to be fixed.

I strongly encourage you (David) to think again about what you expect from
people who work on this voluntarily without contributing anything to fix
the problem yourself.

> You must manually use ldconfig to add that library.
>
> # ldconfig -32 -m /usr/local/lib/compaq/hpacucli

I have committed a patch this morning which does this.

> But even when you do, it will not work, since it will not find the
> controller. At least not with P800. On FreeBSD x86 it will find the
> controller and work correctly, at least with the old SA 6400.

Oleg Gawriloff (the PR's originator) reported it doesn't work for him,
either, so maybe it really is a general problem on amd64.

> AFAIK, that port should be consider broken for amd64.

If this is a problem on amd64 in general it should be, yes. Can more
people confirm that it doesn't work, or is somebody able to use this
software on amd64?

Regards,
Stefan