SmartArray E200i (ML350) ''ciss0: ADAPTER HEARTBEAT FAILED''

Akira Norimaki sutter.cane at rx78.org
Wed Sep 24 20:04:02 UTC 2008

Josh Endries ha scritto:
> P.S. I'm not sure it's applicable but in the ciss man page on 7.0 there
> is reference to a sysctl that may prevent this heartbeat problem

http://freshbsd.org/?branch=&committer=iwasaki&module=&project=
<paste>
  Add `hw.ciss.nop_message_heartbeat' tunable (default disabled) for
  NOP-message polling in ciss_periodic().
  Note that setting the tunable to non-zero can be workaround only for
  `ADAPTER HEARTBEAT FAILED' problem, and may freeze the system w/o
  the problem.
</paste>

The note frightens me a bit. And then, which non-zero value? How much
should the right value be? :)

Bye,
Akira