SmartArray E200i (ML350) ''ciss0: ADAPTER HEARTBEAT FAILED''

Josh Endries jendries at planetpyramid.com
Wed Sep 24 16:11:14 UTC 2008

Hello,

Sorry, ProLiant noob here, and sorry to hijack this thread. :) Simple
question: I have a DL360 G5 and would like to test out the upgrade. How
exactly do you update the firmware for these? I poked around the web
site and saw a maintenance CD, and looked at the software for Solaris,
though I imagine you could download firmware from any OS. Do you use the
USB Key thingy and boot to that, or how is it done with FreeBSD?

P.S. I'm not sure it's applicable but in the ciss man page on 7.0 there
is reference to a sysctl that may prevent this heartbeat problem (though
a firmware upgrade is probably better if possible).

Thanks,
Josh