Cant start hpasm : hpasmxld: Invalid Device: /dev/ipmi0

Ben Wynn bwynn at glowie.com
Mon Nov 24 14:45:56 PST 2008

Hi Kevin,

This is perfectly well expected.  I have a DL360 G3 as well.  The G3, and
G4, are not IPMI computers, only the G5 and later.  the hpasm-7.50 package
says it's only for G5's and later.  You will have to use the older package
7.23, i believe, supports older models.

The older package, however, doesn't work on FreeBSD 7.0 or 7.1, I've got a
DL360 G3 and I've tried those.  From reading the archives of this list, I
gather the old package stopped working around FreeBSD 6.2.  The errors
people write in with most often complain about threading libraries.

I am very frustrated by this myself, and wish the various people at HP would
recompile the older software on the current versions of FreeBSD, but I
havn't seen any movement yet.  So I run Debian on that particular server
until I hear more fortunate news.

-Ben