HP DL385G1 Smart Array 6i AMD64 FBSD 6.3

Todorov todorov at paladin.bulgarpress.com
Sat May 3 21:12:09 UTC 2008

Ulf Zimmermann написа:
| On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 10:24:35AM -0400, John Capo wrote:
|> Quoting Ulf Zimmermann (ulf at Alameda.net):
|>>>> |
RAID1
|>>>> |
|>>>> |

|>> Backup, yes do it. But here is how to do it:
|>>
|>> hpacucli ctrl slot=0 ld 1 add drives=allunassigned
|>>
|>> This should add the additional drives to your first logical drive and
|>> expand it. Whenever I do this, I reboot now so FreeBSD sees the
|>> new larger physical disk.
|>>
|>> In most cases now you have to update the partition table, either
|>> by addition another slice or changing the size of your FreeBSD slice.
|>>
|>> If the file system you want to grow is the last one in disklabel, you
|>> can use disklabel to change the size of it, also the total line (c:)
|>> needs to grow.
|>>
|>> And then finally you can use growfs on the file system.
|> Growfs on 6.X will destroy your UFS2, and mabye UFS1, filesystem.
|> The patch in bin/115174 appeared to fix growfs but I recently had
|> a file system related panic on a machine with a growfs expanded
|> filesystem.
|>
|>   reboot after panic: ffs_alloccg: map corrupted
|>
|> That panic may be unrelated to growfs but that machine is the only
|> 6.3 machine I have in production with a grown file system.  The
|> 800G fileystem had a few percent used when it paniced.  It was being
|> brought into service as a Cyrus IMAP replica.
|>
|> A working growfs was a requirement for me to move from rock solid
|> 4.11.  It would really be nice if the filesystem guru's could take
|> a look at the growfs problem.
|>
|> John Capo
|> Tuffmail.com
| I just recently did a growfs in the describe method on:
|
| log01 ulf /home/ulf > uname -a
| FreeBSD log01.autc.com 6.1-STABLE FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #0: Tue Jul 18
| 06:32:28 PDT 2006     root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LOG  i386
|
| That machine had a pair of 72GB drives, I swapped one drive at a time to
| 300GB. Then ran "hpacucli ctrl sl=0 ld=1 modify size=max", rebooted into
| linux (small partition on the server) to use the fdisk there, rebooted
| back into FreeBSD, it saw the larger drive, larger partition. Then I
| edited "disklabel -e /dev/da0s4" to edit slice c: and f:. Ran growfs,
fsck.
| and voila I had more space for my logs.

I've checked today and what was before - 2 disks in Logical RAID 1+0
drive. By default they were mirrored as they are not 4. Today I've added
two more (4 total) and make EXPAND to the logical drive. This process
finished but the BIOS tool and the FBSD see the size of one disk, not
two as it should be.

4x146GB in RAID 1+0, FBSD see 136GB as /dev/da0 (shown in the message
during boot). Also the BIOS says logical drive is 136G and is ok.

Should do EXTEND of the logical drive also - is this an option?

Regards,