Server reboots at random :-(

BarryFriedman at www1.emax.ca BarryFriedman at www1.emax.ca
Wed Jun 18 16:41:06 UTC 2008

I am running a DL380 G4 with an unmodified freeBSD 7.0-RELEASE kernel /
no customization / all firmware up to date. I had it on my local network
for a month and it seemed to be stable, however when it was moved into a
hosting datacenter and connected to the internet I noticed that it was
rebooting at random once or more a day. The machine is connected to two
different UPSs so should not be losing power.

ILO event log shows a series of Server reset and Server power restored
messages with no other significant events logged.

System logs do not show any cause of reboot, other than WARNING: / was
not properly dismounted etc. which would seem to indicate that a hard
reset has occurred.

Power regulator mode in the ilo is disabled.

Any ideas about how to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Barry Friedman
Emax Computer Systems Inc.,