HP Proliant DL320G5p on 7.0-STABLE amd64

Martin Matuska mm at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jun 1 18:54:36 UTC 2008

I am now an owner of a HP Proliant DL320G5p and would like to share my
knowledge to others:

1. Hardware support
- i am running FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE amd64 snapshot 2008-05 and all
standard hardware is properly recognized.
- accessing the DVD-ROM drive on acd0 causes a lockup, I recommend
disabling the second SATA in bios or disabling it in kernel

2. Serial console
- to use the ILO2 shared network feature, you need to put
"hw.bge.allow_asf=1" to /boot/loader.conf
- the serial console works without problems, but only if configured on
COM2, just configure the embeeded serial port to COM1, the virtual
serial port to COM2 and the BIOS serial console + the EMC console to COM2
- FreeBSD boot loader, kernel and system do support the serial console,
you have to configure these for the correct speed (as set in BIOS). To
correctly configure the console for COM2, refer to:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/serialconsole-setup.html