Changing the console com port

John Cagle jcagle at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 01:52:52 UTC 2008

Barry,

You have to use the BIOS configuration utility to configure which COM port
resources are used for the iLO Virtual Serial Port.  (Also called RBSU - ROM
Based Setup Utility.)  That utility is either menu driven, or command line
driven -- it has its own settings for that choice.

I think the root of the problem Anders was having is that FreeBSD insists on
using the ACPI tables to enable serial ports, instead of just "hardwiring"
the COM1 and COM2 ports as serial consoles.  Maybe if you disable ACPI you
can do what Anders wanted to do.

John