Cant install FreeBSD 7.0 Release on HP Proliant DL 180 G5

Søren Klintrup soren at klintrup.dk
Wed Jul 9 08:35:40 UTC 2008

Maxim N. Seregin wrote:
> Hello, Freebsd-proliant.
>
> OS: FreeBSD 7.0 Release
> Machine: HP Proliant DL 180 G5
> Question: can i install drivers for network cards (drivers for linux
> only i find) or i cant? Help me please.

Drivers should be included in the default FreeBSD Installation (probably
bge or bce), I havn't tried this on a DL180G5 (using DL3xx series) - but
if you want more help, please attach the output of the following commands:

* 'dmesg' ('/var/run/dmesg.boot' if the dmesg buffer is empty or filled
with other data)
* 'pciconf -l -v'
* 'ifconfig -a'

Regards,