hpasmd in FreeBSD 6.2

Reko Turja reko.turja at liukuma.net
Tue Jan 29 01:18:29 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Cagle" <jcagle at gmail.com>
To: <freebsd-proliant at freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 12:31 AM
Subject: Re: hpasmd in FreeBSD 6.2

> FYI - Soumitri sent me the files and I've updated the website.
> Here's a link:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jcagle/
>
> John

I just tried to install the port using the port and package supplied
at John's site and ran into following problems:

www# hpacucli
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libncurses.so.5" not found,
required by ".hpacucli"

www# hpacucli
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libcam.so.2" not found,
required by ".hpacucli"

so the binary seems to be linked against 5.x libraries instead of
.x  - this machine is:
FreeBSD www.liukuma.net 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #2: Mon Nov 19
12:54:53 EET 2007     root at www.liukuma.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/WWW
i386

The computer in question is first generation Proliant DL580 and the
raid array controller is integrated smart array (ida)

After doing some ln trickery with the libraries, I managed to get
hpacucli running, but giving loads of error messages from the start
(could these happen due cam layer library version mismatch?)
www# hpacucli
.P Array Configuration Utility CLI .2.
Detecting Controllers...In AddChild:0x838c180
In AddChild child doesnot exists:0x838c180
Iam inside findDevce
The device enumerated now is 0x838c180
In Reenumerate Childern Eoption is 1
This device can discover children
Tue Jan 29 10:22:44 2008
Operation Call: OperationSetAllowedControllerDiscovery
Tue Jan 29 10:22:44 2008
Operation Call: OperationReadSystemInfo
Tue Jan 29 10:22:44 2008
Operation Call: OperationCaptureConfigurationMutex
Tue Jan 29 10:22:44 2008
Operation Call: OperationReleaseConfigurationMutex
Tue Jan 29 10:22:44 2008
Operation Call: OperationDiscoverHostBusAdapters
Tue Jan 29 10:22:44 2008
Operation Call: OperationDiscoverNonFibreHBA
Tue Jan 29 10:22:44 2008
Operation Call: OperationDiscoverInternalArrayControllers
Tue Jan 29 10:22:44 2008
Operation Call: OperationDiscoverChildren
The device enumerated now is 0x838c180
In Reenumerate Childern Eoption is 2
In Enumerate Child nodes
Tue Jan 29 10:22:44 2008
Operation Call: OperationSystemPostProcess
Pchild in GenerateXML:0x8386d80
Pchild in GenerateXML:0x0
Tue Jan 29 10:22:44 2008
Operation Call: OperationCaptureConfigurationMutex
Tue Jan 29 10:22:44 2008
<Operation>
Tue Jan 29 10:22:44 2008
    <Name>OperationCaptureConfigurationMutex</Name>
Tue Jan 29 10:22:44 2008
    <Target>ModRoot137888128-System137937280</Target>
Tue Jan 29 10:22:44 2008
</Operation>
Done.
Type "help" for a list of supported commands.
Type "exit" to close the console.

And the ida controller, nor the installed drives didn't show using
"controller all show"

=> controller all show
The device enumerated now is 0x838c180
In Reenumerate Childern Eoption is 1
[...]