DL380 G5 won't boot

Rob Crommentuijn RCrommentuijn at adimec.nl
Fri Mar 2 07:43:57 UTC 2007

I have also tried the 6.1 release and won't even boot into the installer.

I'm hoping to reinstall the machine with Geoff pointers this afternoon.

I well let you know if it works.

Kind regards,

Rob

Michael Vince <mv at thebeastie.org>
02-03-2007 08:23

        To:     Geoff Buckingham <Geoff.Buckingham at reuters.com>
        cc:     Rob Crommentuijn <RCrommentuijn at adimec.nl>, freebsd-proliant at freebsd.org
        Subject:        Re: DL380 G5 won't boot

Is this information to fix the problem Rob is having specific to the
DL380G5?

I still have a DL380G5 sitting on Amd64 mode / 6.1-Stable July 2006
largely because I am afraid to upgrade it to 6.2 release because no one
has given any positive feed back on the G5's proliants and 6.2.
When I originally placed 6.1 release on my G5 DL380 it was pretty much
was not usable.
Would be great to see some one say something positive. I only got 1 of
these machines so I am in no position to test.

Mike

Geoff Buckingham wrote:

>Make sure / (and therefore /boot) are at the front of the disk.
>Don't use the whole disk - swap as / if you have try reducing it to a
>few gig.
>Look at RAID/BIOS geometry settings particularly the 32/63 spt stuff.

Reuters Limited.

>Reuters Limited is part of the Reuters Group of companies, of which
Reuters Group PLC is the ultimate parent company.
>Reuters Group PLC - Registered office address: The Reuters Building,
South Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5EP, United Kingdom