[Fwd: Re[2]: dl320 hungs while resetting iLO2.]

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Wed Aug 29 05:07:38 PDT 2007

Forwarded to list in case someone else has comments. We only have
DL360&380 here.

Hello, Per.

> Roman Gorohov wrote:
>> Hello, list.
>> I have a dl320 g5 with fresh install FreeBSD 6.2.
>> Its hungs, after saving iLO settings.
>>
>> How-To-Repeat:
>> Enter to iLO bios(F8) while booting, open 'Network'->'NIC and TCP/IP',
>> press F10 to save settings, you'll see "iLO2 will be reset upon
>> exiting setup" at the bottom of the screen, and exit bios.
>>
>> While its resetting(somewhere in the middle of system boot) system hungs.
>>
>> What can I do with this?

> Contact HP?

> If I read the above correct, you are nowwhere near FreeBSD when the hang
> occurs? Perhaps you mistyped somethingin the iLO setup?
> If it DOES occur while FreeBSD is booting I think you need to provide
> more info than this to the list...

There is nothing to type to repeat it, just saving the settings to
make iLO reset enough.
Its occurs while FreeBSD is booting, when iLO resetting itself.
First iLO stop responding to ping(i see it on the next box screen) and
when its
initialize(start responding), FreeBSD hungs. If I press the key on boot
prompt, and wait for iLO(ping respond), its hungs at the boot prompt.

Tested on 6.2, 6.1, 6.0.