FreeBSD deactivates Shared-network iLo

Eric Lakin elakin at infohell.net
Fri Jul 14 07:50:33 UTC 2006

Greetings all,

I'm trying to setup the iLo on a DL360 G4 running FreeBSD 6.1. I'd like
to use the "Shared-network" option, which allows the iLo to be
accessible over the hosts primary NIC rather than a dedicated NIC.

Unfortunately, just after the kernel starts loading, the iLo stops
responding - to pings, ssh. FreeBSD continues to boot normally. As soon
as FreeBSD is shutdown (shutdown -p), the iLo immediately begins
responding again to pings & ssh.

I've also loaded a test instance of Linux on this server, and running
Linux doesn't seem to adversely affect the shared-network iLo.

Any ideas what's causing the shared-net iLo to freeze up, and what can
be done (short of running linux or using the dedicated iLo network port)
to fix this behaviour?

--
         You are in a maze of twisty little email threads, all alike
         [    elakin at infohell.net     |     elakin at comcast.net     ]