powerpc/183040: Nested signal handling is broken

Konstantin Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 18:10:13 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 04:53:23PM -0400, Julio Merino wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 2:38 AM, Konstantin Belousov
> <kostikbel at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Please provide the modified test program and its exact output.
>
> I'm not sure what you are looking for with this... but attached.

I am trying to bisect the problem area.

So the handler is always set correctly, but it seems that the signal
is not delivered, only for some signals.  This smells like blocked
signal.

Could you ktrace/kdump the program, and see if the signal was delivered
to the process ?

Also, you might start some long living process, like 'sleep 10000 &'
using the same method as you run the test.c, i.e. from the same shell
session, and than do 'procstat -i' and 'procstat -j' on the pid to see
if SIGHUP and SIGINT are blocked.