Problems with compiling java programs on FreeBSD from ports

Super Bisquit superbisquit at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 14:21:40 UTC 2012

I need to top post for reason that pasting in a message will cause the
contents to be edited out. Apologies
chipchop# find /usr/local/java/bin -type d -exec chmod 0755 {}\;
usage: chmod [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] mode file ...
chipchop# find /usr/local/java/bin -type d -exec chmod -v -R +x
/usr/local/java/bin/*
find: -exec: no terminating ";" or "+"
chipchop# find /usr/local/java/bin -type d -exec chmod -v -R +x
/usr/local/java/bin/* {}\;
chipchop# find /usr/local/java/jre/bin -type d -exec chmod -v -R +x
/usr/local/java/jre/bin/* {}\;
chipchop# pwd
/home/boogers/Downloads/JChessBoard-1.5
chipchop# /usr/local/java/jre/bin/java *.jar
/usr/local/java/jre/bin/java: Exec format error. Binary file not executable.
chipchop#