ppc64 media player

richo richo at psych0tik.net
Fri Oct 21 15:20:19 UTC 2011

On 21/10/11 10:17 -0500, Nathan Whitehorn wrote:
>On 10/21/11 10:15, richo wrote:
>>I'm hoping to coax my imac into playing media files and DVDs
>>fullscreen under
>>X11
>>
>>I've tried building vlc and mplayer, vlc bails during compilation
>>and mplayer
>>bails at configure time claiming the UNKNOWN architecture is unsupported.
>>
>>Is there a media player that is known to work on ppc64 (With
>>Nathan's help I
>>got ffmpeg to build and have verified that it works so I believe the
>>necessary backends should all be in place now) or should I start on
>>trying to
>>work out how to get mplayer working?
>
>What's the problem with VLC? It works perfectly mine for me. Are you
>using 10.0 or 9? There are some known problems with ports on 10.0 due
>to stupid autoconf bugs.
>-Nathan

I am running 10.0 with UNAME_r=9.9 in my environment as you suggested.

On closer inspection it looks like my vlc issues are relating to flac support
which while nice is not something that I need.

If vlc is reputed to work I will focus my energy there, thanks.

rich

--
richo || Today's excuse:

Rhythmic variations in the voltage reaching the power supply.