iBook G4: shrink OSX to make room for FreeBSD?

Chris Carr carrch at mac.com
Wed Nov 16 00:34:24 UTC 2011

If you have a Mac running 10.5 or 10.6 and can put the iBook into FireWire target disk mode, then you should be able to live partition the drive.
Disk utility under Mac OS X 10.4 doesn't support live partitioning (although they hacked it in to the Boot Camp Assistant on intel macs.)

Chris via iPhone