PowerPC, gpart and multiboot (Was: Trying to install FreeBSD 8.2-RC1 on a PowerMac G5)

Super Bisquit superbisquit at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 01:22:51 UTC 2011

I don't see why not.  Gpart acts funny at times; so, you may want to
use a Debain CD to make an empty partiton as a buffer then add a
bootstrap, root, swap, and other partitons.
After I finish building kde4, I'll try a multiboot of freebsd on my
G4. I think you also need to mark the partitons as not use or
something.
http://onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2002/05/09/Big_Scary_Daemons.html

There.

Hopefully, the others on this mailing list will show you a better way.