FreeBSD on PS3

Nathan Whitehorn nwhitehorn at freebsd.org
Sun Feb 20 16:20:21 UTC 2011

On 02/20/11 01:22, James Villanueva wrote:
> Does PS3 with firmware 3.41 ( phat one ) work on FreeBSD?  I want to use the
> unix feature instead
> of Linux and take advantage on POWERPC cause its cheap than intel
FreeBSD may work with one of the third party Linux loaders on
post-OtherOS-removal firmware. It has not been tested, to my knowledge,
but I don't know of any reason it should not work. Also, please bear in
mind that the FreeBSD/PS3 port is not entirely complete yet (e.g. X
doesn't work), so for day-to-day use you may be better served by Linux
at the present time.
-Nathan