BSD Install ISO will not boot on Low End G3

Super Bisquit superbisquit at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 08:31:53 UTC 2011

stompy:/home/sossego# genisoimage -hfs -boot-hfs-file
I*/newcd/boot/boot1.hfs -part -o /home/bsd-install-update.iso
$PWD/I*/newcd/*

Skip the standard output

Iceweasel_Downloads/newcd/boot/boot1.hfs is not a HFS boot file
genisoimage: No such file or directory. <no error message given>

It's possible for me to generate my own cd if I knew the right input for
genisoimage. I don't have the G4 currently setup. Genisoimage is being done
from debian ppc.

I could also combine any boot-only CD with the BSD install CD or a rescue
and have my own to use if I had the directions. Not saying that i would
always do such but, that it would be nice to try it once.