RFT: HWPMC for powerpc -- G4+

Justin Hibbits jhibbits at freebsd.org
Mon Dec 19 03:34:32 UTC 2011

Attached you'll find a patch to add hwpmc support for MPC7450-series
powerpc machines (later TiBooks, all AlBooks, Quicksilver and MDD
towers, and mac mini).  It's not complete, but I want further testing
while I finish up.  I've tested only counting PMCs, so don't know
about sampling (pmcstat -S <something> doesn't seem to work, but I may
be using it wrong), and will be adding exception support tomorrow
which should make it more or less complete.

- Justin