Lags and setjmp

Nathan Whitehorn nwhitehorn at freebsd.org
Sat Aug 6 15:37:12 UTC 2011

On 08/05/11 10:47, Super Bisquit wrote:
> The file /usr/src/sys/powerpc/powerpc/setjmp.S has
>
> #ifdef __powerpc64__
>
>   at line nine. Maybe this is affecting the system because:
> the lag seems to occur on Xorg/Xserver with the cursor having to be moved
> before there is a response.
> I'm wondering if setting the vale to powerpc instead of powerpc64 would stop
> this action.

It wouldn't for the reason Justin said, and this file only applies to
the kernel besides. I've also never experienced this bug you're
referring to. Is X using longjmp/setjmp() internally? One thing we do
not do is save/restore FP registers for long jumps. It's not required by
the spec, but Linux does do it.
-Nathan