Can FreeBSD run on FreeScale MPC8533E PowerQUICC III Processor?

Rafal Jaworowski raj at semihalf.com
Wed Sep 15 15:06:42 UTC 2010

On 2010-09-15, at 14:49, Bear wrote:

> hi,
> Thx for your answers!
> Could you give me some more information on FreeBSD on MPC8533E? For example, is there any installation guide on FreeBSD document site?
> BTW: I am working on build a powerful router based on this chipset.

There are some old (partial) installation notes at http://wiki.freebsd.org/Eval8540Boot, but they would miss on important details which come into play after around r210053 (switch to FDT convention). We really need to update these guidelines :-)

Is your device a custom design or something commonly available? What is the firmware / 1st stage bootloader?

Rafal