Boot sequence question

Joshua Piccari jpiccari at bblocked.org
Fri Oct 29 23:11:54 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've been working on getting FreeBSD to boot from a CF card on a
RouterBoard rb800 (cpu is a MPC8544). I've learned that the it can
load the contents of the first with the sysid of 39 (0x27). The
partition contents are expected to be a raw ELF image which will be
loaded and then run.

Can someone point me to (or take the time to outline) the boot
sequence in more detail than what is provided in the handbook. I'm
looking for something a bit more technical.

Or if anybody has done this before and can lend some advise on booting
FreeBSD, that would be wonderful.

--
Joshua Piccari
/dv/