Freescale P4080 support

Rafal Jaworowski raj at semihalf.com
Thu Jul 8 13:48:05 UTC 2010

On 2010-07-05, at 10:49, ed wrote:

> Dear Rafal and all,
>
> It's honor to see you.
> I've used linux thru LTIB for FSL powerquicc cpu.
> Actually, I'm interested in using FB w/ powerquicc.
>
> Previously, I found you ported FB onto MPC8572.
> I read your paper on this issue.
> Can I reach more informations on this, such as cross build instruction?

The build instruction is the following (for 8.x and 9-CURRENT):

<< assuming the FreeBSD source tree is your current working dir >>

1. Cross build E500 PowerPC world
$ make buildworld TARGET_ARCH=powerpc TARGET_CPUTYPE=e500

2. Cross build MPC85XX kernel
$ make buildkernel TARGET_ARCH=powerpc TARGET_CPUTYPE=e500 KERNCONF=MPC85XX

There's also some old wiki notes for booting MPC8541, some of the material is outdated, but most should still apply http://wiki.freebsd.org/Eval8540Boot

We really should have a better documentation and an up to date wiki pages for running Book-E...

Rafal