No mixer with Snapper

Weongyo Jeong weongyo.jeong at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 21:33:52 PST 2009

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 09:05:29PM -0600, Nathan Whitehorn wrote:
> Weongyo Jeong wrote:

> >>I think it was fixed. The G4 iBook that I've acquired since those
> >>reports works flawlessly, and I haven't received any other reports,
> >>positive or negative, since my earlier attempts at fixing those bugs. If
> >>anyone whose machine didn't work before now does, or is still broken, or
> >>even if your machine has always worked fine with the DMA support, I
> >>would very much appreciate an email.
> >
> >Now I've updated kernel and the symptom is same with the previous that
> >without set hw.ata.atapi_dma=0 I couldn't boot with the following
> >message (written by hand):
> >
> >acd0: WARNING - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE taskqueue timeout
> >acd0: TIMEOUT - READ_BIG retrying (0 retries left)
> >
> >The above msg looks a kind of loop and I'll try to do disk stresstest
> >for reproducing hangs I encountered.
>
> Drat. That means the mode is set up wrong. I went through the Apple
> sources, and produced a patch that slavishly follows the exact details
> of the way Apple initializes the controller. It can be found here:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~nwhitehorn/atamodesetup.diff
>
> Could you give that a shot?

Of course but it didn't help that I hope I didn't missed something all
steps I followed are as follows:

	# cd /usr/src/sys/powerpc/powermac
	# fetch http://people.freebsd.org/~nwhitehorn/atamodesetup.diff
	# patch -p0 < atamodesetup.diff
	# cd /usr/src
	# make buildkernel && installkernel

The symptom is still same with the previous that it looks no progress.

regards,
Weongyo Jeong