powermac kernel freezes on CURRENT

Andreas Tobler andreastt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 21:12:04 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have here a strange issue.
My setup are a powerpook G4 and a imacDV with a G3. I try to boot
CURRENT kernel, atm rev: 193648. GENERIC, WITNESS and INVARIANTS
enabled/disabled, does not matter.

I can boot the kernel successfully and login to the machines via ssh.
But as soon as I try to login via console/kbd I get a freeze w/o a
notice why. The machines are dead as soon as I press a key on the
keyboard. The mouse is working ok before pressing a key.

There is _no_ message in the logs about...

On the imac, the kbd is usb. On the Powerbook, the kbd is adb.

The last working kernel I have is from 20090531, the rev with the dfs
driver.

I did not find an obvious candidate causing this, at least on the
powerpc part.

Does anyone else see such a behavior?

TIA,
Andreas